Michael Thomas is a Dynamic Support Professional with a passion for IT and solid experiencing in delivering top level customer service with strong technical skills. He has over nine years of success in delivering comprehensive help desk support including project management and training. His strong project management skills with a proven desire to direct numerous projects, with consistent delivery on time and to ‘spec’ make him an excellent candidate for intensive and focused project work. A master troubleshooter, proficient in determining system requirements and resolving technical issues quickly, he is also adept at operating in a fast pace, deadline driven environment, consistently displaying a committed work ethic and immense desire to succeed, always emphasizing the quality of the customer's experience.
ITT Technical Institutes
Associates, Computer Science
High School Diploma
Middleburg High School
August, 2015 - Present
Customer Care Specialist
World Wide Web Hosting
- Effectivly assist new customers with account activation, fraud screening, domain registration and transfers.
- Facilitate cross service upgrades and downgrades for existing customers.
- Contact new customers who have recently purchased services, inquiring as to their satisfaction and correcting any errors that may have occurred during their ordering and setup process.
- Significantly increase sales by upselling account upgrades, tracking all existing and new account documentation using a large spreadheet-based log.
- Refer complaints of product and service failure to appropriate departments for investigation in a timely fashion to ensure the highest level of customer service.
June 2013 - August 2015
Special Projects Coordinator
World Wide Web Hosting
- Effectively managed numerous priorities simultaneously involving projects ranging from data analysis and aggregation to modifying policies to enhance internal communication and customer interactions.
- Closely monitor our customer service team to ensure they are on the same page regarding the support they provide, as well as the promptness of addressing and resolving issues.
- Create and implement effective methods to eliminate roadblocks in the way of project completion, allowing for full adhearance to all specified timelines, requirements, and budget projections.
- Work directly with customers to raise awareness of our brand and other companies on relative social media sites, reaching out to high profile clients, influential people, and other VIP-styled customers to gain feedback.
- Direct efforts to determine reasons for negative feedback, contacting customers promptly to help resolve any rough areas regarding our company's interaction with the individual or business.
- Effectively serve as a Personal Representative to certain clients who desire a more personal touch when it comes to providing technical support or handling standard customer service issues.
- Complete additional special projects as assigned by our management team on time and within budget.
March 2011 - June 2013
Level 1 Support Specialist
World Wide Web Hosting
- Provided comprehensive techncial support via Live Chat or Level 1 ticketing with inquiries regarding shared, reseller, Cloud, and VPS products.
- Exceeded performance expectations in multiple areas while troubleshooting DNS entries, setting up e-mail, assisting with mobile phone e-mail setup, and providing minor billing information.
- Guided customers through the ins=and-outs of cPanel and WHM in addition to helping them install and update WordPress, Joomla, and other CMS-based software to their new account.
- Provided information to customers wishing to upgrade their plan, answered inquiries regarding a variety of locations and services we offer and what service would be most beneficial for them.
July 2010 - December 2010
AppleCare Advisor - iOS
- Provided technical support and customer care to iOS customers.
- Answered common questions, regarding e-mail setup, iTunes Sync, and troubleshooting of application errors.
June 2004 to September 2007
Systems Engineer/Help Desk Level 3
Bae Systems PLC, London, UK
- Provided Tier 3/Engineering level support to various support teams (remote and in-house).
- Assisted with server maintenance and systems deployment, inventory management, and infrastructure audit.
- Expertly handled mobile phone support duties including Blackberry and Windows Mobile device configrations, deployments on several thousand devices.
- Performed custom OS installations as well as P2P Call Encryption on Blackberry devices.
- Delivered end-user support involving general troubleshooting, repair, and account management.
- Utilized custom ticketing system to log incidents and track escalations.
- Troubleshooting Expertise
- HelpDesk Level 3
- Project Management
- Social Media Specialist
- Customer Care
- Custom Installations
- System Maintenance
- Network Troubleshooting
- Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- cPanel and WHM